segunda-feira, 21 de fevereiro de 2011

Books, holidays and upsetting- my eleventh class

HI GUYS! HOW ARE YOU TODAY?

Today at Sonia class - on February 21st - I thought that the class was a bit boring. I don't know why, maybe 'cause I was a little tired and the others talked a lot of "The Hunger Games". It is a book that I din't read, because it is not my cup of tea.
We talked about holidays and that today is something about Presidents in U.S.
Sonia asked us what our favorite legal holiday is. For me it is September 7th, because, differently from many Brazilians, I'm a patriot.

Of course we talked about how our weekend was. During the last weekend I ate pizza and made rice with chicken and corn and hired a maid. I told them that I restarted to read the second book of the series "Percy Jackson and The Olympians". Its name is Percy Jackson and "The Sea of Monsters". This book tells a story of Greek Mythology and all the story is around the life of Percy/Perseus, Poseidon's son.

I'm thinking of a lot of things, including that it is my worst text..rss... it is, maybe, I am...hummm...a little upset...

I need to speak more in the classes, I need to learn how to use past perfect...and many many things more...

I know I had just eleven classes...but... I'm very concerned...
I know that the English language is easier than Portuguese, but I guess my methodology of studies is wrong.

Hey Sonia, if you are reading this text, give me a feedback.

Ok, I'll see you soon and until there I really hope to be better...

Um comentário:

Sonia disse...

1st of all, I think you were just having “one of those days” that we all have from time to time. Now, here’s something you probably didn’t know, if a woman is having a “boring” day (as you said about my class, which we’ll talk about that later), we (people) would say that she’s probably “pms-ing”. This is a slang term, meaning that the woman is irritable and any little thing bothers her (I’ll explain more in detail next Monday). If a man is having a “boring” day, we would say that he’s being “grouchy”. 2nd of all, it seems to me that you appear to be a little concerned that you’re not accelerating in English as you hoped to be after 11 classes in which I’ve had the pleasure of teaching 5 or 6 of those classes. Well, don’t worry, because I think your English has slightly improved since your 1st class (and I’m not just saying that to keep you coming to class!); however, I did only say “slightly”, so let me explain something to you. When you’re in a group class, the process is a little bit slower as to if you were having private classes due to the fact that the class time is being shared with (up to) 6 other classmates. Nevertheless, as I mentioned in class Monday night, we are going to study the present/past perfect (at your and your classmates request), which is also a big chunk of the English language and I believe that when we are finished, you’ll have a better understanding of English and be speaking much better. I give you about 6 weeks to 2 months more for you to see that your English has improved and start feeling more confident that you’re almost speaking like a native! So, take care and DON’T STRESS and I’ll see you on Monday!