sábado, 12 de fevereiro de 2011

Valentine's day & Men X Women - my seventh class

HI PEOPLE!

At last class, on February 7th, we talked about Groundhog’s Day, a tradicional holiday in the U.S.



To learn more about this theme, click on the Groundhog picture ===>





After that, we talked about Valentine's day. In the U.S., it is celebrated on February 14th. There - in the U.S. - the meaning of this celebration is different from here. They give cards called "Valentines" for every people who they love - mother, father, brother, friend, hasband, wife, fiance... In Brazil we just celebrate between lovers.

After that, the women from the class, started to talk bad things about men. They said things like: men do not do anything... we must keep the house clean whereas they drink beer with their friends... they don't put de toilet top down...and blah blah blah.

I said to them that I am really, really different, because I keep my house clean, and I do this much better than many women - by personal experience. I asked them: if you are so angry with your partners, why are you still with them???
So they said that in Brazil the women are educated to be a housewife and I replyed saying that since nowadays they know that, they can change this reality, so they stayed quite.

Well, that was all. rs

Nenhum comentário: